Unwind or unwind the cable, that is the question. And not least, because beyond being a “roll” having to juggle every time we use the headphones, the main problem is that twisting cables over time ends upending the life of our headphones.
One solution is wireless headphones. Experts have spent several hours coming and going with several of these devices to finally recommend Holyhigh wireless headset as a favorite.
Why wireless headphones?
Mainly for the convenience of not having to be tied to a cable. It is much more comfortable to be able to go from here to there without any ties or pulls.
We would even avoid the annoying situation of untangling the headphones before each use, and do not get tangled we know that it is inevitable.
Technology today allows us to have headphones with very good sound quality, without having to connect via a cable, as perhaps happened before, that not being so developed, the sound quality was lost a little.
There are wireless headphones for all tastes and budgets, the most common and sold, logically for their price, are those of smaller size that are worth to go from one place to another without even realizing that they are going with us.
But we must also know that there are specific headphones for professionals in the world of music such as those used by producers, musicians or DJs. If it’s fans, there are headphones for gamers and audiophiles; also for travelers and athletes.
In the article we may focus more on the rest of the mortals that we prefer to do without cables, enjoy a good musical company and that the pocket does not hurt so much. The complexity is left to audio sybarites.
Technology: There are several issues that influence the sound quality and all of the handset technology. We will explain them clearly and concisely:
- Sensitivity: refers to the output power of the sound, measured in decibels (dB). It is advisable not to exceed 100dB to avoid damaging the ear.
- Impedance: measured in ohms (ohm) indicates the passage of electric current and affects the intensity of sound produced by the headphones. How many less Ohm greater volume. Ideally, it is in the range of 16 to 32 ohm, in small devices; and between 25 to 70 ohm in the larger headphones.
- Answer: it is measured in hertz (Hz) and has to do with the frequencies that the headset reproduces. A good parameter is that it provides frequencies between 20 and 20,000 Hz, which are the frequencies that the human ear can capture.
Power: it is no more than electric power and is measured in milliwatts (mW).
External insulation: The sound quality will depend a lot on the cost of the headset, the most expensive will surely offer us a better balance of bass and treble; but much will also depend on the ability they have to isolate the external noise, nothing is worth a headset that listens very well to what it reproduces, but that the outside is also heard superbly.
It will depend to a large extent on the shape of the headset: those that are called a closed pavilion, have housing that covers them, as an insulating material. Those called open pavilion, lack this housing and those around us will witness whatever we are listening to. Although it seems a contradiction, open-pavilion models provide better sound quality, because they have fewer reverberation problems than closed-pavilion.
It will also depend on the technology they incorporate, some models offer some system that neutralizes outside noise.
Restraint: They are very small devices and with a bad move if they do not have good support, it can come off. Some models usually use tweezers or some similar system that adapts to the ears, others instead adapt to the inside of the ear; being the first most bulky.
A good reference to decide this issue is to take as a parameter the helmets we use daily. If we are one of those who have problems so that it is in the ear, it is better to opt for wireless headphones with a clamp or some fastening system.
There are models that allow alternatives to adapt, be it to combine one system or another, or the possibility of adapting the headset to the ear.
Battery life: It will depend on how much time we allocate to its use, if they will actively accompany us throughout the day, or only on journeys such as going to and from work. If the user that we are going to give it is intensive, we will have to do it with long-lasting ones, of course this will impact on the size of the battery and therefore on the weight of the headset.
Another alternative if we are not willing to resign size, is to take the loading system with us, which should be considered small and transportable.
Here the parameters and calculations are very simple, we must consider, how many hours the battery lasts, how many hours we will have them in use and how long it takes to charge.
Size: One of the issues that like this type of headphones, is that being much smaller than others are easy to transport and go virtually unnoticed during use. Remember that the clamping system and the battery size will have a lot to do with the size.
Here are two big differences:
- The circumaular (Over-ear), are those that are used covering the ear, and are usually the typical wireless headphones that are used inside the home. It is very common that they communicate with a base that is connected to the electric current and that is also responsible for emitting the signal so that we can listen. As for isolation and sound quality, they are the best without a doubt.
- The supraaural (On-ear), are the compact version of the circumaular, giving up a little to the isolation and sound quality. They do not cover the entire ear but are placed over it. They are usually used outdoors and do not connect to any base but use Bluetooth or WiFi technology to link with a mobile or other devices. It is also true that there are more complex models that have already incorporated the music player itself.
- The intrauditives are the ones that give more war to hold because they go into the ear canal, of course, it will depend on the size of our ear, how fixed or not. They are much smaller and lighter, something that our ear usually thanks. Due to their size, they are much more portable, but we must be very careful with sudden movements since they could fall to the ground and in the worst case break down.
Ergonomics: From the hand of size and support, comfort in use must come. If we are going to spend most or all of the day with the headset placed in the ear, ergonomics is crucial, since we will avoid feeling discomfort. It has to hold well, but at the same time adapt very well to the shape of our ears.
Management: All very beautiful, but where do we handle the volume and the selection of songs in something so small? The answer is simple. Some devices bring it with them, of course this may increase their size a little; others use the device to which it is connected; the most advanced, and obviously more expensive, use voice commands.
Scope: Part of the efficiency in the handling of the headset, will be limited by the scope of the headset with respect to the device. They usually use Bluetooth technology and we already know too much that depending on the device to which the headphones are connected, their pairing will be better or worse. Ideally, the Bluetooth system should not be less than version 4.0.
Design: If technologically we already have everything we want in a headset and also hold well, we will have to choose one that is attractive in terms of design. It is not that it is a minor issue, but nothing is worth a super nice headset, but that we have to relocate it all the time because it drops, or that allows us to listen more to what the next one says than our own Music that plays.
Extras: Some headphones, especially those that are linked to the phone, bring a microphone so that we can answer calls during use.
If we like this type of headphones, the Holyhigh fulfills its function of in-ear headphones and is around 50 dollars, something quite economical in the case of this range of products.
In one hour of charging we will have the headphones ready for 4 hours of uninterrupted music. They are clearly headphones designed to make some journeys with good music, but for the battery life, they are not ducks if we intend to be with them all day.
The case is very practical because we make sure we can carry the headphones safely; They are also the charging device itself, so we do not need extra bases. The base is very simple to connect, through a mini and USB port, even to the same computer.
Practical and simple to use, among its functions we can play, pause and change music; make contact with the voice assistant and answer calls using the integrated microphone; all from a single integrated “touch screen” button. The disadvantage is that we cannot adjust the volume from the headphones.
What we can monitor from the phone, in case we have it linked, is the state of its battery, since it will appear as one more indicator at the top of the main screen.
Includes CVC 6.0 noise control technology, isolating external noise to improve the sound. It is linked via Bluetooth 4.2 and has a maximum connection distance of 10 m, although some experts say that around 5 m already began to lose signal. It will also depend on other objects interfering with the signal.
Carrying them is very light, weighs only 4.5 grams, like many of the wired helmets; and also includes 3 types of adjustment silicones, to choose the one that best supports us according to our ear canal. Some experts have tried them for sports and it has worked great since they have sweat protection.
They are compatible for Iphone, Galaxy, Xiaomi, Huawei and other Bluetooth 4.2 devices.
- 【TRUE WIRELESS&STABLE CONNECTION】Bluetooth earphones apply the most advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology for more stable connection. Free you from the tangled wires and enjoy the wireless freedom. Wearing the wireless earphones, you will recognize fun among all the hustle and bustle of the modern life.
- 【COZY FEELING&SNUG WEARING】HolyHigh wireless earbuds are so lightweight that you can wear them in a snug and safe way. Soft material is designed to protect your ears. Don’t worry about falling from the ears easily since the wireless headphones are equipped with three different sizes of soft silicone earplugs (S, M, L).
- 【3000mAh CHARGING BOX】With 3000mAh charging box, HolyHigh Bluetooth earbuds can play music up to 4 hours on a single charge. And the charging box provides an additional 120 hours of battery life. The charging box of the wireless earphones can charge not only the earphones but also other devices such as mobile phone due to its USB port.
- 【ONE TOUCH, MORE FUN】HolyHigh wireless earbuds are applied with advanced touchscreen technology. According to this, you can effortlessly connect to your phone with no need of pressing any button. Switching between music and calls, turning up/down the volume in your hand.
- 【What you get】HolyHigh wireless headphones, charging box, USB cable, earplugs and user manual are packaged. We will offer you an lifetime technical support and fast reply within 24 hours. If you have any question about our product, please feel free to contact us.
Last update on 2020-09-26
If we are willing to invest a little more, with Bose in-ear headphones we enter the high range of these types of devices since the brand has a track record in sound equipment.
This model is the first to develop the brand and they have not done anything wrong, although some experts have detected that on certain occasions they may lose connectivity during calls.
Implementing the “StayHear + Sport” technology, they have designed a conduit that fits evenly around the ear. Imagine the typical headset that hooks to the ear on the outside with a hook, well Bose has given it another design and made it possible for this hook to be internal, adapting to the entire cavity and ear shell. All this development makes them ideal for sports, for the support they provide, hence also their name.
Like the Holyhigh, a single multifunction button for music and calls, simplicity and practicality at the same time. In the other handset, the possibility of raising and lowering the volume; making this model an all-in-one, unlike the Holyhigh. What if it would be very good as improvement, is that the buttons are a little softer when operated.
Sound specialists could not offer less than the possibility of an equalized volume so that the sound quality is optimal.
They are coated on the outside with a mesh that repels water keeping the interior dry, more in favor of athletes.
In its carrying case, we can also carry out a quick 15-minute recharge that will give us a 45-minute autonomy; its full charge is 5 hours for a range of 10 hours.
We can use its APP “Connect” to receive notifications of product and others, but the most important function of the application is to be able to track the last connection of the headphones through a map, in case anyone is lost, using the Mobile GPS as long as we have it activated.
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an IPX4 rating) and come with 3 different pairs of StayHear and Sport tips (in sizes S/M/L) that provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Up to 5 hours of play time with each charge and an additional 10 hours with the included charging case
- Track lost earbuds with the Bose Connect App's “Find My Buds” feature
- Firmware update to improve audio video synchronization for customers using iPhones, iPads and other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3 or later, available via Connect app or btu.bose.com
- SoundSport Free headphones have an integrated dual microphone array located on the right earbud to allow you to use them during calls when connected to a smartphone that supports Bluetooth. Call audio will only be heard in the right ear bud
Last update on 2020-09-26
In the Bose range, although a little is more expensive. Jabra is a brand that is dedicated exclusively to the manufacture of all types of headphones and have already developed several intrauditives.
They resolve the support by providing several adaptation options, both of the ear canal and the ear shell. Interchangeable with each other, to adapt the headset to our activity and designed primarily for physical activity.
The commands are integrated into the headset, for some experts the volume commands are very close to each other making their touch a bit difficult, of course it will also depend on the size of our hand.
A detail that these headphones have is the possibility of not isolating ourselves, the “HearThrough” function filters the external sound in case our activity requires that we pay attention to what happens around us.
It is loaded just like the previous models, its full load demands a few more hours, about four and a half hours, but we will obtain a greater autonomy, 13 and a half hours. With this model, we can move much longer and disregard it.
As they are headphones aimed at athletes or aspiring, they allow you to link them to an APP that using the intra-atrial heart rate monitor, will allow us to monitor our performance and provide audio recommendations in real-time, while doing physical activity.
- True wireless earbuds for an active lifestyle: Wherever your day takes you, whatever your activity, it won’t get in the way of enjoying sports, music and calls; The Elite Active 65t are secure fitting earbuds that provide dependable in ear stability
- Personalize your sound: Whether you’re using these as Apple earbuds, Samsung earbuds or more, you can listen to your music the way you want to hear it, by personalizing your sound on the Jabra Sound+ app. Earbuds are Apple and Android compatible
- No audio dropouts – With Jabra’s 3rd generation true wireless stability, you can take calls and listen to music without worry about audio dropouts. And there are no pesky wires getting in the way of your workout
- Up to 15 hours of use - With up to 5 hours of battery on a single charge, and up to 15 hours in total with the included pocket friendly charging case, your listening needs are met from the start of the day, to its end with these earbuds
- Take work calls from home – Incredible 4-microphone technology offers best-in-class call performance, with up to 15 hours of battery for maximum productivity— even when you’re working or learning from home on your smartphone.
Last update on 2020-09-26
They could not miss, the Apple version of the wireless headphones. Faithful to their brand have revolutionized the technological world when they left, and if we have an Iphone, it is the best option in terms of compatibility.
It is true that many low-end brands have imitated its design and even predict great connectivity with other devices of the brand, but we know what this world is like: for Apple, nothing better than another Apple.
For starters, the headphones have optical sensors and an accelerometer that allows the Iphone to detect if we are wearing them. Commands can be activated by voice, from Siri’s hand; or configuring them tactilely with the Iphone, that is, there are no buttons. For some experts, although they may find it a lie, they do not find it very practical, it is always to rely on an external Apple or Siri controller, and they are missing even if it is a touch sensor in the same headphones.
They are light and very comfortable, almost imperceptible to some experts. By storing the headphones in the case, having it charged, it will give us additional charges; even keeping them 15 minutes we will have an express charge with a duration of 3 hours. The battery in the box lasts about 12 hours of charging, while the autonomy of the headphones is 5 hours.
Its sound is mid-range, so to speak. It sounds much better than any economical headset, but not as well as headphones designed by sound specialist brands.
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
Last update on 2020-09-26