Do you remember the age of the innocence of the gaming world? When there were hardly any accessories for gamers or lists like ours with the best gaming headphones? We went to a colleague to show up at the house for hours until his mother kicked us out. A lot has rained since then and the gaming world has undergone a revolution on a planetary scale. The Internet made it possible for us to start playing online and using good gaming headphones has become essential. Not only do they improve the experience, but they are indispensable when communicating quickly.
In Culturasonora we know that with all the avalanche of information that floods the network it is sometimes difficult to decide on the best helmets with a microphone. We want to give you a cable to put some orders. Therefore, we have been selected for a few weeks the best gaming helmets in the market and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each of them. Our conclusions are revealed in our comparison of ‘The best gaming headphones’. We show you the best options and we present them in order from the most top to the cheapest. Come and see it!
|Razer Thresher Ultimate||PC, Xbox One (battery 16 hours)|
|SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless||PS4, PS3, PC, móvil, tablet (battery 10 hours)|
|Astro A50||Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC/MAC (battery 15 hours)|
|Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2||Pc, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|V-MODA Crossfade M-100||PC/Mac, Xbox One, PS4, móvil|
|Corsair HS50||PS4, PS Vita, móvil y tablet|
|Razer Nari||PC/Mac, PS4 (battery 14 hours)|
|SteelSeries Arctis 7||PC, PS4, Xbox One, Mac, VR, Móvil|
|Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum|
|PC/Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, móvil (battery 12 hours)|
Last update on 2021-10-17
PC, Xbox One
✅Compatible with: Pc, Xbox One
✅Battery: 16 hours
Big but subtle. They are light and comfortable. They weigh 408 grams and have abundant padding. They come standard equipped with a stable base to place them while we do not use them. It also contains the connections for the computer or console. Although they have the Razer logo on the outside of the helmets, this logo does not light up as in other gaming headphones. The Thresher for Playstation 4 is blue while those designed for Xbox are green.
The Razer Thresher Ultimate headphones feature very robust construction and integrate two large 50 mm transducers that have a frequency range of 20 to 28,000 Hz. Their size? It has measures of 196 x 214 x 104.8 mm, so they are much larger than other headphones on the market. In addition, they have a battery that can perform around 16 hours, enough for the most active players.
Frankly good. The Thresher Ultimate model for PS4 and Xbox has practically the same functions as the Razer Kraken (see description below). This is a virtual 7.1 headset that achieves excellent surround sound quality, ideal for playing. Razer Thresher gamers helmets are free to present lags during game sessions.
Razer wants to exhibit great sound power with this model. The Thresher Ultimate sounds loud and clear. The smallest details can be heard easily found in other models. The volume is handled with a rotating wheel located in the right hull. It is not the most elegant solution, although it is efficient. As we have already noted, they are virtual 7.1 helmets, so enemies are heard approaching from multiple positions.
Sound separation is also very well achieved in these gaming headphones. The Thresher Ultimate does not use the new Sony codec called 3D Audio, although this is not an important point since so far there are few games that use 3D Audio.
Limited Although it has an exemplary ability to reproduce the sound of games or music (its quality has no competence in this section), its limited connectivity capacity is a negative detail. The only way to get audio from the Thresher Ultimate is through the console since it does not have a Bluetooth connection or 3.5 mm input. The design of this headset has been thought for exclusive use in games.
These wireless headphones come with a sound transmitter. This is responsible for transmitting the audio information from your preferred console through an optical connection. Headphones, on the other hand, need to get power from one of the USB ports of the gaming platform. You will also find an additional USB port on the back of the base designed to charge these gaming helmets. The base integrates a switch to switch between the modes for console or PC and an optical audio port that can pass the audio signal to a receiver, in case you prefer to experience the game audio through speakers.
- Featuring Dolby headphones, the Razer Thresher Ultimate for PlayStation 4 provides you with industry-leading audio realism
- The Razer Thresher Ultimate for PS4 is engineered to ensure a lag-free long-distance connection of up to 40 feet
- The retractable digital microphone gives you the flexibility to communicate with your teammates clearly, even in loud environments, delivering your commands with true-to-life quality and reliability
- Designed to be completely comfortable even during intense gaming marathons, the lightweight Memory foam ear cushions are made so that they effortlessly conform to the unique shape of your head
Last update on 2021-10-17
PS4, PS3, PC, móvil, tablet
✅Compatible with: PS4, PS3, PC, mobile, tablet
✅Connectivity: Wireless 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.2
✅Battery: 10 hours (x2)
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless improves the appearance and sound quality of the famous Siberia 840, being the gaming headphones with the best sound we have tested. The design follows the Arctis line: it has oblong-shaped cups with air cushioning. They can be used in long sessions without causing any discomfort and do not trap sweat. They have an elastic but resistant band that stays fixed but without causing pressure. These are the best wireless headphones to play that the company has launched.
Another improvement over the excellent Siberia 840 is that they redesigned the controls more pragmatically. They have a switch to mute the microphone very easy to use and the battery cover is now magnetic, which allows you to change the batteries while playing without problems.
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless is perhaps the best gaming headphones in terms of audio quality. They reproduce up to 40,000Hz and integrate HiFi transducers that produce sound with sublime details. Another positive point is that they do not distort at any time, even when playing strong bass at maximum volume and offer excellent virtual surround sound. You can clearly identify the location of the different effects of the games, such as different types of explosions or shots. The microphone receives some ambient noise but captures the voices very clearly.
The PS4 SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless headphones work wirelessly thanks to a USB transmitter that also functions as a charging port. They can be connected through the 2.4 GB transmitter but they also have Bluetooth connectivity, so you can also use them with your mobile devices. They have optical and USB connections from which you can simultaneously connect to your computer and PlayStation. Unfortunately, they are not compatible with Xbox One.
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless gaming headphones come with two batteries that can be easily exchanged and each one takes about ten hours. This allows you to play without interruption, something uncommon even in the best gaming headphones.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Premium Hi-Res speakers with high-density Neodymium magnets reproduce a Full, expansive frequency range from 10 - 40,000Hz with stunning realism and clarity
- Luxurious polished Steel and aluminum alloy construction offers maximum durability and a consistent Fit
- 2 included swappable batteries allow you to charge a battery in the base station, while using the other for more than 20 hours of gaming
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the clear cast microphone delivers studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
Last update on 2021-10-17
Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC/MAC
✅Compatible with: Pc / MAC, PlayStation 4, Xbow (depends on the model).
✅Connectivity: Wired or Wireless 5 GHz.
✅Battery: 15 hours
The A50 gaming helmets come in two different versions designed for PS4 and Xbox One consoles. Both models can connect to a computer without problems, but you must choose the right model for your console. The PS4 headphones have a black and blue design, while the helmets for the Xbox One are green. The Astro A50 is built to last and is surprisingly light. The headband is constructed with hard plastic and is protected with two metal side pieces. The upper part of the band is flexible, can be raised or lowered and fits without problems to any type of user.
In addition, it has a foam padding that is quite comfortable in long sessions. The cups can rotate 90 degrees, feel comfortable to the touch and cover the ears perfectly. The padding of the cups is comfortable and not susceptible to sweating or overheating, as is the case with many gaming headphones of lower quality. The only negative of these gaming helmets is that they can exert some pressure in long sessions, just like the Astro A40, although they never become very uncomfortable. The integrated battery of these gamers helmets yields up to 15 hours of continuous playback. To charge it you only have to place the headphones on the USB station when you do not use them.
The A50 gaming headphones stand out in the sound section. The 40 mm drivers recreate subtle details by reproducing the sound effects of games. They are also a pleasure when it comes to playing any musical genre. The sound profile is well balanced and all frequencies are perceived defined. The only negative we could notice is that the sound spatiality is not so wide for such expensive gaming helmets. Another very positive aspect is its ability to recreate a virtual Dolby 7.1 surround sound. These gaming helmets offer the most realistic surround sound experience we have tested among all gaming headsets and PS4. They respond very well when reproducing explosions and the shots are perceived with an almost real directionality.
These gaming helmets integrate buttons that allow you to activate the Dolby sound and equalize the audio to optimize it according to the type of games you are playing. They also have a control for the ignition and a wheel to control the volume. If you connect them to a MAC or PC you can control the volume or equalization directly from the computer through the Astro software.
Astro A 50 gaming headphones feature 3.5mm audio, USB and optical cable inputs. They come with a USB base or station that integrates a 5 GHz wireless transmitter to communicate with the headphones clearly and with minimal latency. The Astro A50 has a connection range of up to 9 meters.
We tested them and we were able to leave a room and enter another room without the connection being lost. The Astro A50 also comes with a flexible microphone that can move to an upright position when you’re not using it. When the microphone is in the vertical position it is automatically muted and when you use it you can monitor your own voice in real-time.
- Compatible with PlayStation 4, PC and Mac
- Pro Audio Quality Superior Fit & Finish
- Precision Microphone
- 5GHz Wireless Technology
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound
Last update on 2021-10-17
Pc, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
✅Compatible with: Pc, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
✅Connectivity: Cable, Bluetooth.
The Turtle Beach Elite PRO 2 is the best headphones with a microphone that this New York company has manufactured. The frame is made of metal and black plastic for the bands and cups, and a synthetic leather fabric covers the headphones to provide more comfort. They are one of the best headphones we have tested for comfort. The materials with which they are made ensure they can be used without discomfort in long sessions. The cups are held by magnets and can be easily removed, while the band is flexible but resistant.
The company offers several glasses with different designs for the personal tastes of any user. The boom microphone is connected to a port on the left cup. It can be removed or replaced and is mounted on a thin and flexible metal arm that can be easily adjusted.
These gaming headphones have more than remarkable sound quality. The frequency response is not as flat nor focused on studio music, such as Sennheiser’s (see description below), but the Elite Pro covers all frequency ranges without noticeable defects. They have a great balance between all shades and produce a rich sound thanks to their 50mm transducers. They emit bright and crisp medium and high tones, while the bass does not produce a surprising response but they do have good depth and clarity. Even when used at high levels, we have not found notable distortions.
They work with the virtual surround sound DTS X: 7.1, something essential in gamers helmets of this price range. The audio direction is clear and makes it easy to identify the direction where the shots in the games come from. In addition, it has Superhuman Hearing technology that amplifies the environmental noises of your games. This function distorts the sound a bit but it is very useful for online games. The audio balance can also be modified and you have full control of the bass and treble through the Turtle Beach app.
These gamers helmets do not have controls on the body but have a potentiometer for the volume in the Elite SuperAmp. The amplifier connects to the gaming headset with a 3.5mm cable and to the PC or console via a USB cable. The SuperAmp adds Bluetooth connectivity and allows you to connect wirelessly with your mobile devices. To use the amp you just need to download the Turtle Beach app and you can control the helmets from your phone easily. They are available in versions for PS4 and Xbox One.
- LARGE 50MM NANOCLEAR SPEAKERS - Large, powerful 50mm over-ear Nanoclear speakers deliver Turtle Beach’s signature esports audio tuning
- DTS HEADPHONE:X SURROUND SOUND TECHNOLOGY – Experience immersive 7.1 channel surround sound gaming audio on PS5* & PS4; *PS5 Users will need optical connection from either TV, Receiver or an HDMI to optical converter
- PRO GAMING MIC WITH TRUSPEAK TECHNOLOGY - Ensure your voice is always heard loud and clear with Turtle Beach’s professional quality, noise-cancelling mic
- SUPERHUMAN HEARING - Turtle Beach exclusive Superhuman Hearing sound setting lets you hear subtle, game-changing sounds so you can live up to 20% longer and win more. *Data from Turtle Beach Superhuman Hearing study conducted by Real Industry, May 2021
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY - Connect to the Turtle Beach Audio Hub app from your mobile device to unleash the full power of the Elite SuperAmp, and additionally stream music or take calls while gaming
Last update on 2021-10-17
PC/Mac, Xbox One, PS4, móvil
✅Compatible with: Pc / Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, smartphone.
The innovative design of the V-MODA headphones is based on 3D printing. Thanks to this, these helmets for gamers can be customized with their own logos, also choosing the materials, which include metals such as gold and silver. As for the design, we find it quite attractive and novel. In addition, the V-MODA headphones are rugged and lightweight. According to the manufacturer, these gaming headphones have endured the toughest fall resistance tests and have a very resistant headband.
The materials and manufacturing methods of the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 helmets are up to the MIL-STD_810G military standards and we have no doubt in incorporating them into our comparison of the best gaming headphones. On the other hand, the helmet pads are made of memory foam that allows an excellent fit to the head contour and exceptional external noise insulation. To store them, they can be fully folded using their double hinge system. They come equipped with an exoskeleton case of semi-rigid material that provides additional protection while not in use.
The sound quality of V-MODA crossfade headphones is excellent. They have the 3D sound for total immersion in the game and the bass is powerful and without distortion. The media are clearly heard, which makes it easier to chat during the game or simply use them to answer calls.
These sound characteristics are achieved through its dual 50mm diaphragm, the adjustment and design of the pieces to avoid unwanted vibrations that introduce noise and excellent sound insulation. It should be noted that it does not have active noise cancellation systems. However, not carrying any digital electronic sound processor does not reduce sound quality losses. On the other hand, the 3D sound is achieved with an exclusive air circulation system through the helmets, minimizing losses.
V-MODA gamers headphones come with several cable options, including the following:
- Dual input and V-CORK: With these cables, you can mix two sound sources at the same time or chain other headphones. Additionally, the V-CORK protects the inputs when they are not in use.
- Speak-easy microphone cable: Specially tuned for voice recognition and to speak in noisy environments. The control is compatible with virtually all brands of smartphones: iPhone, Android, Samsung, Windows, and Blackberry.
- Share Play audio cable: To share your music without additional adapters.
- Award-winning M-Class sound tuned by over 200 audiophile aficionados. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Patented 50mm Dual Diaphragm Drivers to separate bass from mids and highs
- Compact design for easy transport
Last update on 2021-10-17
PS4, PS Vita, móvil y tablet
✅Compatible with: PS4, Xbox, computers, mobile, and tablet
✅Connectivity: 3.5mm cable
The PS4 Corsair HS50 headphones are very affordable. They have a simple and functional design, with a black body with green or blue details. They are not the most attractive PS4 helmets on the market. The only feature to highlight in terms of aesthetics is the elegant Corsair logos that are presented on the outside of each cup.
They are comfortable Over-Ear headphones. The cups are large with good padding and have an expandable padded band. They can be used for hours without causing discomfort. The adjustment feels somewhat right at first, but after a few hours of use, you don’t even feel them.
The PS4 Corsair HS50 headphones are not going to win prizes for their sound quality, but they offer more than decent performance if we consider their price. They are not ideal for listening to music since they lack separation from different shades. On the other hand, they offer a good directional sound to play and the microphone sounds very clear. You can use them with Discord or Skype without problems, although the voice sounds a little low.
They offer a decent sound to play for a very affordable price. The dialogues sound somewhat flat and the different layers of effects are not so differentiable, but it is difficult to demand more in this price range.
These PS4 headphones are compatible with any game console or computer. They connect with a 3-5mm audio cable or a split audio/mic cable to the computers. They have a removable microphone in the left cup, plus a volume wheel and a button to mute the microphone.
- Legendary Corsair build quality and metal construction ensures long-term durability.
- Precision tuned 50mm Neodymium speaker drivers bring superior sound quality with wide range and accuracy.
- Optimized unidirectional Microphone reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality and is fully detachable for use on the go.
- Durable aluminum construction and iconic design, combine to create the ultimate Display for your headset
- Dynamic RGB lighting across 9 zones allows for virtually unlimited color options
Last update on 2020-09-01
✅Compatible with: Pc / Mac, Playstation 4
✅Connectivity: Wired and wireless
✅Battery: 14 hours
Razer enjoys a well-deserved reputation thanks to the quality of its gaming headphones and recently launched its new line of the high-performance helmet for players. It’s about the Nari Ultimate, Nari and Nari Essential. In this review, we will talk about the intermediate version that comes with all the features of the Ultimate, except for the Razer Hypersense haptic technology that gives you a much more realistic experience (but that is not for everyone).
Razer Nari gaming headphones, like many other products of the brand, are completely black. Its sober design is not as flashy, but it is the perfect base for the RGB fluorescent lights that it integrates into each glass. The lights can be adjusted to personal taste through the Razer Synapse application, a program that allows you to handle a large number of options to customize the lights, the sound profile and even the sensitivity of gaming helmets.
These gaming headphones are made of plastic, with the exception of the robust metal band. They adjust easily, but they can be somewhat loose in the head and because of this they do not seal the external noise in the best way. Beyond this, they are robust and very comfortable. They have very soft padded cups and can be used for hours without causing any discomfort.
The sound quality of these gaming headphones is very solid, as are the other models of the company. They have a strong sound profile in the bass, but the balance is well achieved. You can experience the effects of explosions naturally and all the effects of different sound frequencies clearly. The bass is strong and deep, but they offer enough dynamism to enjoy your favorite games with great quality.
The Razer Nari offer great performance in the sound department and integrate THX Spatial Audio technology that provides a lot of realism to the games. Simulate 360-degree audio that allows you to easily identify other player’s footsteps or the source of the shots. The microphone is also very good: the voices are clear and clear and you can also balance the strength of the ambient sound and the voices from the same gaming helmets.
The Razer Nari player headphones can be used wirelessly and wired. The company ensures that the range of wireless connectivity reaches 12 meters, but when testing them we notice that the connection suffers from 6 meters. The purchase package brings the audio cable and a micro-USB to charge the battery.
In the left cup is the microphone, a button for on / off, one to mute the microphone and control to balance the sound of the ambient game and chat. These Nari headphones are wireless, but they also integrate a 3.5 mm jack for wired use, plus a micro-USB port for charging. In the right cup, we find a potentiometer to control the volume and the wireless USB receiver.
Razer says that these gaming helmets integrate a battery that yields up to fourteen hours of continuous use. When testing them, it gave us about twelve and a half hours, but this capacity increases if you don’t use the lights.
- The Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined
- Razer Hypersense Haptic Feedback for Unparalleled Immersion: Provides industry-leading audio realism for intense, in-game immersion and positional accuracy coupled with THX Spatial 7.1 surround sound
- Lightweight & Auto-Adjusting Headband for Extended Gaming Sessions: The Nari Ultimate adapts to the shape of the user's head for convenient comfort
- Retractable Mic with Audio Adjustment: Tune game/chat balance for the perfect mix of game audio and team communication; also includes a volume adjustment wheel and mic mute button directly on the headset
- Soft Cloth Cushions with Cooling Gel: Reduces heat build-up while providing comfort and sound isolation for hours of comfort
Last update on 2021-10-17
PC, PS4, Xbox One, Mac, VR, Móvil
✅Compatible with: Pc / Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, VR, Smartphone.
The 3 models of gaming headphones for the SteelSeries Arctis series deserved a place in our comparison of the best gaming headphones in their own right. All have an elastic band of fabric on the top of the headband that the manufacturer calls Ski Goggle. On the one hand, they reduce the weight that another type of material could contribute, and on the other, being made of fabric, they resist intense sweating.
Another advantage is that the elastic band can be removed, easily releasing the velcro to wash. This elastic band is customizable and has a wide range of options. Warning! : If you are one of those people with an almond larger than normal, we recommend that you try them before because they are somewhat small for some. The padded cups of Steel Series Artics 3/5/7 gamers helmets are designed to provide comfort and keep the area around the ear free of sweat.
This is possible thanks to its Air Weave technology that takes advantage of the air circulation in the helmets. We have noticed that the three models, in general, are very similar and that interchangeable parts can be used between them. What sets them apart? The model 3 is wired with a 3.5mm mini-jack tip; the model 5 is very similar to the 3, although the RGB Prism lights that it incorporates and the USB tip differ; e model 7, in addition to sharing the characteristics of models 3 and 5, is wireless with special Lag-Free technology to eliminate lag during game sessions.
They are helmets with recording studio technology for gamers. And as for the sound quality of three models of Steelseries Arctis headphones, we can say that it is excellent and versatile. These gaming helmets can not only be used to play online, but their sound quality is so good that they can be used to listen to music or watch movies. You should know that all models have 7.1 surround sound and a fully retractable microphone with adjustable noise cancellation.
Another interesting aspect is that the transducers are made of 40mm Neodymium with very low sound distortion. In the case of models 5 and 7, the helmets incorporate a control to balance the volume of sound and chat, decreasing or increasing each of them according to our preferences. The most notable of these headphones is the microphone. Here the Artics company emphasized differentiating itself from the competition. Since the microphone is an essential part of the headphones to play, the Artics company did not settle for adding a conventional unidirectional microphone but instead added a bidirectional microphone.
The micro picks up the sound in front of him and behind him, in a space between 2 and 8 inches, discarding the noise that may exist outside that reduced field. In this way, the only thing he perceives is the close voice, avoiding the bustle of the environment. On the other hand, the microphone hardware is designed to filter low-frequency sounds, emphasizing the capture of the voice that is found in mid frequencies of the sound spectrum. Artic calls this ClearCast technology because it is inspired by the microphones that are used in radio stations and recording studios.
The Artics 3 is compatible with PC via 3.5mm mini-jack connector. On PC you can enjoy the 7.1 surrounds sound adjustable using the SteelSeries Engine software. On the other hand, on Apple MAC platforms, Playstation, Xbox, VR virtual reality and mobile, it is compatible via 3.5mm connector. Artic 5 is also compatible with multiple platforms.
First, with PC via USB cable, and surround technology, DTS, SteelSeries Engine 3, Chatmix and RGB lighting can be activated using the software. On Mac, also via USB, it is compatible with SteelSeries Engine, Chatmix and RGB lighting technology. In the case of PlayStation platforms, it is connected via USB and you can use RGB lighting technology. For VR or mobile virtual reality devices, it has an adapter to connect via 3.5mm.
The Artic 7 is also compatible with virtually all devices. This model can be connected both wirelessly and with cable, by USB, and by 3.5mm connector. The helmets of the SteelSeries Artic 7 wireless model feature an extra-long battery that lasts up to 24 hours with each charge.
- Designed for gaming, the 2.4 grams connection delivers rock solid, lossless wireless audio with ultra-low latency and zero interference
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail Effective Range: 12 m / 40 ft
- Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of precision audio with next generation DTS headphone: x v2.0 7.1 surround sound (pc only)
- 24 hour battery life gives you enough continuous play for even your longest gaming sessions; Compatible only with Pc, Mac, PS, Switch and Mobile; Headphone sensitivity: 98 dB
Last update on 2021-10-17
PC/Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, móvil
✅Compatible with: PC / Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, TV (with Bluetooth receiver)
✅Battery: 12 hours (without lighting).
Logitech Artemis Spectrum gaming headphones have an imposing and futuristic design. The band and cups are made of black plastic and memory foam padded the area of the ears. The interior of the band is covered by a soft fabric to give greater comfort at the time of use. The microphone headphone cups have the appearance of irregular pentagons, which gives them an almost sci-fi look.
The right cup has controls and connections. This includes the buttons to mute the microphone, for power up and three programmable G buttons. They also have a wheel to control the volume, a micro-USB port and another 3.5 mm auxiliary. On the edge of the left cup, we find a microphone that rests on the rest of the cup when it is not in use.
The pentagonal panels of each cup are magnetically held and can be removed to reveal the RGB lights that illuminate the translucent logo G of each panel. The left panel also hides a wireless USB receiver, and the right a removable battery.
The G933 are 7.1 Virtual headphones and offer Dolby surround sound. When the headphones are connected to a PC the channels are adjusted individually through the Logitech G application. Audio mixing produces good effects in general. Since it is a virtual surround sound, we obviously cannot compare it to the real surround experience of a 7.1 system that would have 7 speakers plus the subwoofer, but the sound effects are quite achieved.
Further, the sound quality of these headphones is excellent. The constant shots, grenades, cartridges, and each sound were distinguished in detail when tested in writing. We believe that the best gaming headphones should sound good with any audio, and these are no exception. The G933 also emitted a good quality sound when we tested them when listening to different musical genres. They have deep and powerful bass that does not take away the brightness of the other frequencies.
The micro helmets include a micro-USB charging cable, a 3.5mm four-pole audio cable with microphone input, an RCA-3.5mm cable to synchronize the headphones with the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3-4, or any source audio with RCA input, and also bring a 3.5 mm-2.5 mm adapter to connect them to the controller of an Xbox console.
Thanks to the number of cables and adapters that comes standard, the G933 model offers a wide variety of connectivity options, both for PCs and game consoles. The USB wireless receiver can work with PC or PlayStation 4 directly. It also has a 3.5 mm input designed to be used with the RCA cable, to accept audio from the stereo RCA sources on the Xbox or PlayStation 3.
- SUPERIOR SOUND PERFORMANCE: The advanced Pro-GTM audio drivers deliver incredible audio with stereo, 7.1 Dolby Surround, or 7.1 DTS Headphone: X Surround Sound. Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
- MULTI-PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY: This is the perfect headset for all of your devices, including PCs, PS3s, PS4s, the Xbox One, and any TV with powered USB or RCA audio output
- Surround sound is not available on game consoles. Xbox One requires 3.5mm wired connection, and may require Xbox One headset adapter sold separately. 2.4GHz WIRELESS OR WIRED CONNECTION: Get up to 12 hours of wireless battery life without lighting or 8 hours with default lighting on a lag-free wireless connection
- MULTIPLE SOURCE AUDIO MIXING: Plug in up to three devices (1 USB and 2 analog) to answer calls and play music while gaming. Wireless Range - Indoor: 15 meters. Outdoor: 20 meters
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Enjoy a seamless, personalized gaming experience with customizable RGB lighting, swappable backlit custom tags, and 3 programmable G-keys to assign macros for complex game commands
Last update on 2021-10-17
Why should you buy them? Because they have a powerful sound, exceptional bass, durability, and comfort.
Who are they for? For the hip-hop devotee … or the electronic music producer.
Why do we choose them? These affordable headphones from the unconditional Sonic Audio Technica are an update of the ATH-M30X model and become something like the younger brother of the most expensive ATH-M50X. The ATH-M40X offers a robust design over the ear, as well as a soft and natural sound. The fluid upper register is combined with a broad bass response at the bottom, and the helmets acquire details with an impressively price-sensitive touch. These are some level partners somewhat lower than the Sennheiser HD-280 model but should attract both hip-hop fans and the most serious listeners of electronic music.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 millimeter large aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with deep accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90 degree swiveling earcups for easy one ear monitoring and professional grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
Last update on 2021-10-17